Websites by LimeDesign Studio, Watchmoor Trade Centre, Watchmoor Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3AJ
Tel: 01276 903322 Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
The contract between Websites by Lime Limited. Websites by Lime and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
Websites by Lime reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms & Conditions, at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms & Conditions periodically for changes.
The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Websites by Lime order confirmation email.
Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication. Although Websites by Lime can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address, so we always have up to date email contact details. Websites by Lime can not be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address.
- Websites by Lime will only accept work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable payment of the quoted Project fee from the Client.
- The first payment made in respect of the Project fee is the client’s acknowledgement of liability to make all other payments as set out in the payment schedule.
- Any payment that remains unpaid for one calendar month will result in the website being taken down and all remaining payments becoming due immediately.
- The suspension or removal of a website does not in any way restrict Websites by Lime from taking whatever action it deems necessary to recover outstanding payments.
- All costs and charges are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
- All payments made to Websites by Lime covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with Websites by Lime and are non refundable for whatever reason.
- Where a website demonstration has been viewed by the client prior to ordering, all changes requested by the client will be limited to text and images only and will not relate to the structure or number of pages on the site unless previously agreed by Websites by Lime in writing.
- Websites by Lime shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
- Where images used on the website have been purchased by Websites by Lime on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. Websites by Lime are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
- Websites by Lime will host the clients website unless otherwise stated by the client. In doing so, Websites by Lime will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
- Websites by Lime cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by Websites by Lime.
- Websites by Lime aim to make your website as search engine friendly as possible, but Websites by Lime do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to check with Websites by Lime whether Open Source Software is being used or not.
- The Client shall not be charged for Open Source Software. If there is a charge for a website using Open Source Software, the Client is paying for the installation time. Open Source Software is not owned by Websites by Lime or the Client.
- Websites by Lime own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used. Images will have been purchased by Websites by Lime for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by Websites by Lime are licensed only for use on the client website and are limited to no more than 10 images dependent on the size of the project.
- All images displayed on the Client’s website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Websites by Lime, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Domain names will be registered by Websites by Lime and also registered to the Websites by Lime current address. Although the domain names are registered by Websites by Lime, the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, Websites by Lime will do this within 72 hours. A domain name will be registered by Websites by Lime on behalf of the client once we have received an initial payment.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, Websites by Lime cannot be held liable for this. However, Websites by Lime will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal
- When a Client renews Hosting with Websites by Lime this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Websites by Lime cannot be held liable for this.
- Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the date the domain was purchased. The Hosting will not be renewed if Websites by Lime cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for Websites by Lime to not host this site.
- The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. Websites by Lime reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge.
- If the Client does not use Websites by Lime Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client.
- Websites by Lime has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s web sites constitute Websites by Lime endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Websites by Lime has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. Websites by Lime provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
- Websites by Lime reserve the right to alter the prices of their products due to fluctuations of industry algorithms at any time. Websites by Lime will make reasonable effort to inform clients of any price increase.
- Websites by Lime are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
- Where a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than Websites by Lime, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. Websites by Lime will not renew the Domain name when annual Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a company other than Websites by Lime.
- Websites by Lime makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Copyright © 2015 Websites by Lime Ltd.. All Rights Reserved.